Don't see build commands in CMake folder view

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Don't see build commands in CMake folder view

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GeneM
    Participant

I’m trying to learn how to build CMake projects. The default Solution Explorer view seems to be the “MyProject.sln” view.  Everything works fine in this view.  Specifically, I get all the build commands in the Build drop down. However, I much prefer the “Folder View”.  Unfortunately, in Folder View I don’t see any of the build commands in the Build drop down .  I’ve tried this in a regular VS C++ console app project.  As long as I clock on the “Run Code Analysis on Solution” Build menu item, I can build in both the folder view and the ConoleApplication1.sln view.  I do get the “Run Code Analysis on Solution” Build menu item in my VisualGDB project (see attached screen shot) but it doesn’t seem to build the project.

This isn’t a show stopper but if there’s a way to work in folder view, that would be great.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by GeneM.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Folder View is implemented by Visual Studio itself and not VisualGDB. Hence, the advanced VisualGDB functionality (Advanced IntelliSense, non-intrusive debugging, custom steps/configurations) indeed won’t work in it.

GeneM
    Participant

OK, thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.