distcc can’t find any hosts with makefile on target

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB distcc can’t find any hosts with makefile on target

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cperthuis
    Participant

Hi,

I am using the option to use a custom build command on the linux target (fedora). The build command is running a makefile with make in a given folder on the target. That part works fine.
    But if I try to pass arguments to my make command to use distcc it fails with this error:

It fails if I try to use distcc with errors like this:
    1>EXEC : distcc[26515] warning : failed to distribute BaseLayer/Send2DispSvr.cpp to 127.0.0.1, running locally instead
    or
    1>EXEC : distcc[26670] (dcc_build_somewhere) warning : failed to distribute, running locally instead

build command: make
    build arguments: -j 40 CXX=’distcc g++’

If I open SmarTTY using the button next to the build command in the VisualGDB settings, and type
    make -j 40 CXX=’distcc g++’, distcc works as expected.

What’s different? is the ssh connection not done in the same way?

Thanks!

cperthuis
    Participant

I found the problem, smarTTY is using .bash_profile and the ssh connection done by VisualGDB during compilation use .bashrc
    DISTCC_HOSTS was only set in .bashrc for us.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

That’s a bit strange as both tools use the same SSH engine. Are you using different users with different shells?

cperthuis
    Participant

Hi,

This is the expected behavior for respecitvely login and interactive shells.
    I would suggest to somehow try to run them both under the same mode, see this: http://hacktux.com/bash/bashrc/bash_profile

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Running all commands in the interactive shell mode won’t be possible as VisualGDB will not be able to reliably detect when the command exits, however the upcoming VisualGDB 4.3 will check for differences between interactive and command mode variables and allow compensating the differences will running commands.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.