Disable the .old makefiles

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Disable the .old makefiles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I’m currently in trial for visualgdb and it’s working great except for one really annoying thing, it creates backup makefiles (.old) and then fails to write to them the second time around for some reason, and thus my makefiles get out of sync.

How can i disable this feature? It’s useless to me (source control) and it’s a real pain so far. Or if it can’t be disabled can you note it down as a feature Request? (a workaround would be great too, but even if there’s an easy fix i’d still like to be able to disable this, that’s what source control is for).

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This feature cannot be disabled due to safety considerations. If an unexpected error happens while the file is being updated, the .old file is the only available backup. Your system most likely cannot overwrite them due to inconsistent file/folder permissions. Please ensure that both .mak/.old files and the folder containing them have the “Full Control” access set for the your user account. Please also ensure that the file is not marked as read-only.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by support.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.