Disable autocomplete on semicolon

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Disable autocomplete on semicolon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    borbmizzet
    Participant

Is there some setting to disable intellisense autocomplete on pressing the semicolon key? It keeps autocompleting my keyword “default” with a preprocessor macro that starts with the word DEFAULT (even though I have preprocessor macros turned disabled on the suggestion list >_>)

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, we have fixed it in this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.2.14.1366.msi

borbmizzet
    Participant

I’m now running build 1374 (which I assume is a later build than 1366), and a similar problem is occurring with std::string turning into std::string_literals.

Edit: once I re-enabled typedefs in the intellisense popup, the problem was fixed. Still a bit annoying that it happens with typedefs disabled. I feel like it should realize that what I typed in was valid despite my intellisense settings and not tried to correct it.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by borbmizzet.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, this is by design. If the typed text fully matches the selected suggestion, pressing ‘;’ would auto-complete that suggestion. We added a special exception for C/C++ keywords, but otherwise this behavior is still by design.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.