Different Embeeded Frameworks for different build targets

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Different Embeeded Frameworks for different build targets

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MrZANE
    Participant

Hi

Having done a more complex project with signed bootloader and signed application that can build to different products I’ve come into a kind of a shortcoming.
    I could really use the ability to have different settings for different build targets in the embedded frameworks tab.
    In some of the products fex. I don’t have a serial port available for debugging so I enable the semihosting while in another I do have a serial port and prefer to use that.
    Also when using fixed stack/heap I could see the use for having different settings for different build targets.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion. We are currently experimenting with a new CMake-based embedded project subsystem that is more flexible than the existing MSBuild-based one, and will try to include support for target-specific configuration for embedded frameworks in it.

As a short-term workaround, please consider cloning the Fixed Stack-Heap framework and placing it under %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\EmbeddedEFPs under a new ID/name (see how the profiler framework is defined for a quick example). Then you can remove FIXED_STACK_SIZE=$$com.sysprogs.bspoptions.stackheap.stacksize$$ from the AdditionalPreprocessorMacros element and instead define it via regular per-configuration project properties.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.