Deployment with GDB instead of GDBServer

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Deployment with GDB instead of GDBServer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    WalterF
    Participant

Is there a way to use ssh and gdb on remote machine when deploying?

NetBSD does not have a gdbserver but gdb over ssh works very well.

Switching properties from build to deploy machine is not a good idea because of different paths.

Would appreciate any help or idea.

Thx Walter

support
    Keymaster

Yes, you can do that if you are using the Custom edition or higher. Please follow the steps below:

1. Check the ‘Allow choosing build/clean/debug command hosts independently’ checkbox on the Project Settings page of VisualGDB Project Properties
    2. On the Debug Settings page specify the following settings:
      1. Start gdb in the following mode: Custom mode
      2. GDB launch command: gdb –interpreter mi –args <executable path to debug>
      3. Use a gdbserver: no
      4. Target selection command: (empty)
      5. Debugging start mode: use “run” command

WalterF
    Participant

Thanks for your hint! I got a custom version of VisualGDB.
    Use custom GDB executable: When I select gdb on deploy machine it will be ignored and always changed to build machine.

Compiling does not work with different SSH build and deploy computers. Log tells that msbuild-mak will be startet on local computer.

By the way: When start VisualGDB Project properties ‘Computer used for building and debugging’ always shows (local computer). I have to change to MSBuild settings and switch back to Project settings in order to get the correct IP and SSH shown.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The behavior you are describing happens in the “Allow choosing build/clean/debug command hosts independently” checkbox on the Project Settings page is not set. Please double-check that you actually set it. If this does not help, please send us your .vgdbsettings file so that we could check what is going on.

WalterF
    Participant

I created a ticket and sent gdbsettings to you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks, looks like your settings have one minor inconsistency. We have provided further details per email.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.