Debugging STM32VLDISCOVERY

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Debugging STM32VLDISCOVERY

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vitaliy91
    Participant

The STM32VLDISCOVERY board has built in ST-LINK V1 but i can’t make it work with VisualGDB. Please help.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please let us know what error message you are getting and we will try our best to help you.

vitaliy91
    Participant

I set OpenOCD debug method and press Detect button, ST-Link V1 successfully detected. When I hit “Test OpenOCD settings” the warning window appearing says “USB mass storage” does not appear to have “ST-Link Driver” driver installed. OpenOCD may have problems finding your device. Try installing it now?” Pressing Yes show me error message “Automatic driver installation failed. Do you want to try installing it manually?” Next attempts wouldn’t help either.

The device PID&VID is 0483/3744

Log on debug attempting:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.9.0 (2016-05-10) [https://github.com/sysprogs/openocd]
    Licensed under GNU GPL v2
    For bug reports, read
    http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
    Info : auto-selecting first available session transport “hla_swd”. To override use ‘transport select <transport>’.
    Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
    adapter speed: 1000 kHz
    adapter_nsrst_delay: 100
    none separate
    Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 950 kHz
    Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 950 kHz
    Info : clock speed 950 kHz
    Error: libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED
    Error: open failed
    in procedure ‘init’
    in procedure ‘ocd_bouncer’

vitaliy91
    Participant

I solved my problem. I replace Mass Storage drivers with the WinUSB driver using the Zadig utility.

Thank you anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.