Debugging stand alone project via OpenOCD(STM32MP1)

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Debugging stand alone project via OpenOCD(STM32MP1)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Yuriy
    Participant

Hi

Our team have an issue with debugging Cortex-M4 on STM32MP157C_DK2 board via st-link while using non stand alone project.  We created simple default project “LEDBlink (HAL)” from template. This project we can debug via stlink through OpenOcd (STM32MP1). If we convert this project to stand alone we cannot using OpenOcd (STM32Mp1) because VisualGdb doesn’t see it. In the attachment I described step-by-step what we do.

Our VisualGdb version is 5.5R5 (build 4124). How can we debug stand alone project via OpenOCD (STM32MP1)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed repro steps. Indeed, the STM32MP1 fork of OpenOCD is designed to not be displayed for regular projects in order to avoid confusion.

You can work around it by removing the BSPFilter element in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\EmbeddedDebugPackages\com.sysprogs.arm.openocd.stm32mp1\bsp.xml file and restarting Visual Studio.

Yuriy
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for reply!

I don’t have bsp.xml file according your path

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Yuriy
    Participant

Hi,

In my case, the file name edp.xml and after removing BSPFilter debuging became work. Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Sorry about that, it was a typo. Indeed, the file is called edp.xml and not bsp.xml.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.