Creating a python only project – Remote Debugging Raspberry Pi

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Creating a python only project – Remote Debugging Raspberry Pi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lafilipczyk
    Participant

Hello, I am very new using the VisualGDB platform and I am trying to create a Python only project on Visual Studio that would be deployed and debugged on a Raspberry Pi device. I have created a Linux project and set it as Python only, but on source files I am not being allowed to add a Python file (it only allows me to add C++ files). Is this by default or a bug? If this is an expected behavior, is what I am trying to achieve even possible?  (That is a Python only project that can be composed in Visual Studio, and deployed on build to the connected Raspberry Pi device).

I am running version 5.4 Preview 1

Thanks a lot!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem and sorry for the inconvenience. As VisualGDB mostly focuses on debugging C/C++ code, our Python projects are based on the same underlying project mechainsm, so they will indeed only show Python files in the templates. The workaround is very simple – just create any type of file (e.g. .cpp) and change the extension to .py. Both Visual Studio and VisualGDB will understand this and you will be able to use the file as a part of your project.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.