CppEngineHost is hanging up frequently

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB CppEngineHost is hanging up frequently

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    kbzowski
    Participant

Hi, I noticed, that since last update of VisualGDB CppEngineHost is hanging up more often (CppEngineHost has stopped working). Where I can find logs to diagnose what is causing this?

Best regards,
    Krzysztof Bzowski

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by kbzowski.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can replace the CppEngineCore.dll file with a debug build from http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/CppEngineCore.dll, create a dump file via Task Manager and send it to us. This way we should be able to see what is causing the crashes and fix them.

kbzowski
    Participant

It is rather strange. After replacing dll with debugable version – all errors are gone…
    I will continue my tests and report if it hang again.

support
    Keymaster

Sure. Let us know once you have further information.

marrtin
    Participant

Thanks.

I have the same problem you have already sent me some debug  version of CppEngineCore.dll but the intellisense engine didn’t work then at all.

This link is no more accessible. Can you send me please current debug version of CppEngineCore.dll. I really want to use clang intellisense, but I can’t. The engine with default installation of VisualGDB (5.1) still crashes in my project.

Thanks.

Ken Macfarlane
    Participant

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the same problem as I don’t know how to tell if its the CppEngineHost – the whole VisualStudio app hangs on startup  every 2nd day or so. I can get round it by creating each new project in its own solution, in a new directory. The others around me who are more knowledgeable about VS than I am, reckon that the problem is the number of files that VS has to parse on startup due to having ~10 projects in my stmF7 solution,  & that it could be fixed by deleting all of VS’s temporary files e.g. the .pdb’s & .vcxproj’s, but I haven’t tried this yet as I’m not convinced I’ve got all the files I need under Git yet!

marrtin
    Participant

Hi

I think that the problem is not the same. CppEngineHost runs in separate process. I don t know how big are your projects, but in my project there are far more system headers to parse and also additional libraries (STL, boost, etc…). But you are right, native intellisense need some times rebuild. Deleting its database file is safe and sure way. Neverthless I am not be able to persuade clang inntellisense to work properly. After some browsing and switching files simple crashes. And then crashes and restarts again.

Please help.

support
    Keymaster

OK, we have just finished updating our IntelliSense engine to a newer version of Clang that should resolve many issues. Could you try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.1.7.713.msi?

RaEyE
    Participant

Hello,

currently I’m having the exactly same issue. Whenever I try to open a VisualGDB Project, after a few seconds I get the notification CppEngineHost.dll stopped running.

I already tried to repair / reinstall the currently newest version of Visual GDB (5.1r6) without any change.

Are there any news on the issue?

DumpFile of CppEngineHost.exe (32 bit): https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=10F7C8CBFF95CE79!58440&authkey=!AHJCAmn8cUQ2HxQ&ithint=file%2czip

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have fixed a few things in the engine since the latest 5.1 build, so please check if you can still reproduce the problem with this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.2.4.821.msi

If yes, please upload an updated dump file and we will look into it.

stephen
    Participant

I am having the same problem. Version 5.2 Build 1297.

It happens every few seconds to few minutes while I am writing code. It is seriously starting to affect my workflow so any help would be appreciated.

BTW all the links above are broken.

Best regards

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about that. Please send the dump file created by the IntelliSense engine via our support form and we will send you a hotfix (or a diagnostic build to pinpoint it better) within 48 hours.

The temporary build links automatically expire when their functionality is moved to the normal releases. If the same problem occurs with build 1297, it is probably caused by something else and we would need a dump file to pinpoint/fix it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.