Constant freezing on debugging

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Constant freezing on debugging

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian Beuken
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been experiencing much more freezing with the latest version of VisualGDB when debugging a Raspberry Pi project.  Its almost impossible now to step through a project because at any time it locks.. sometimes it comes back after a few seconds, sometimes minutes sometimes never.

I’ve read the info on common causes of freezing but nothing gives any indication on how to resolve this!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about that, we are not aware of this issue, but will be happy to help you pinpoint it. Do you get a message like “gdb command xxx is taking too long” in the GDB Session window while VisualGDB locks? If no, is the Visual Studio GUI responsive, or does it totally hang? If it hangs, does killing CppEngineHost.exe via Task Manager unfreeze it?

Brian Beuken
    Participant

It just locks up totally, the whole of Visual Studio freezes. Sometimes it comes back, but more often it stays locked, I can see the network lights blinking in a regular fashion but not other activity

After a while I have to power down the Raspberry, at which point I get the  taking too long dialogue. and I can then unfreeze VS.

I have not tried killing any processes, I’ll see if that makes a difference when I try again later

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Brian Beuken.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This might be an SSH-related bug. If you could try attaching another VS instance to the hanging instance, create a dump file and send it to us, we should be able to tell what is causing this and provide you with a hotfix.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.