Configure VisualGDB Remote source cache

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Configure VisualGDB Remote source cache

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,
    How can I configure Visual GDB Remote source cache.
    By default all my files are in:
    C:Documents and SettingsLocal SettingsApplication DataVisualGDBRemoteSourceCache

As there are several people working on the same project we have some trouble to use the same .vcproj which must have a different path for each user.

I want to set a path which is independant of the user.

Regards
    Damien

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Please download and install VisualGDB version 4.1r4, we changed the source cache to depend on the variable %LOCALAPPDATA% there. So, the source cache is stored per user but the project file is not dependent on a particular user’s directories.

After installing the new version, go to VisualGDB Project Properties, change something in Makefile settings and press on Apply to rerun the toolchain tests. You can then check in the usual VS settings’ NMake page whether the directories now depend on %LOCALAPPDATA%.

Anonymous
    Participant

Thank you

Anonymous
    Participant

I have the same issue for local project headers is it possible to have the same kind a variable for it?

Damien

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Which headers do you mean here? Usually the headers in you project are included by relative paths anyway.

Anonymous
    Participant

Let’s say my project is locally in C:myprojectproject, my headers are in C:myprojectheaders by default I will have in Intellisens directories “C:myprojectproject/..headers”.

As we are several to work on this project with svn we don’t have the same path so that there are conflicts on vcproj each time we commit it on the line “IncludeSearchPath=”

Damien

support
    Keymaster

We have fixed it in VisualGDB 4.1r7. Thanks for reporting this issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.