Compilation failure for VBoxDD for VirtualBox 4.2 and VS2010

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Compilation failure for VBoxDD for VirtualBox 4.2 and VS2010

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    freaksterrao
    Participant

I was trying to compile VBoxDD for VirtualBox 4.2.4 using VS2010 SP1 and WinDDK 7600.16385.1.

I downloaded and installed BazisLib, WTL etc. Finally bzswin built successfully. But VBoxDD build is failing because of
    Error 1 error C2011: ‘_RTL_USER_PROCESS_PARAMETERS’ : ‘struct’ type redefinition virtualkdbuildkdclientcmdline.cpp 21 1 VBoxDD

virtualkdbuildkdclientcmdline.cpp(21): error C2011: ‘_RTL_USER_PROCESS_PARAMETERS’ : ‘struct’ type redefinition
    2> c:program files (x86)microsoft sdkswindowsv7.0aincludewinternl.h(125) : see declaration of ‘_RTL_USER_PROCESS_PARAMETERS’

Also, I tried commenting the typedef and commented its usages (1 usage), I got the following error:
    Error 2 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol VBoxDriversRegister C:UsersGaneshAppDataLocalTempVirtualKDBuildVBoxDDVBoxDD.def 1 1 VBoxDD
    Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol VBoxUsbRegister C:UsersGaneshAppDataLocalTempVirtualKDBuildVBoxDDVBoxDD.def 1 1 VBoxDD
    Error 4 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol g_abEfiThunkBinary C:UsersGaneshAppDataLocalTempVirtualKDBuildVBoxDDVBoxDD.def 1 1 VBoxDD
    Error 5 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol g_cbEfiThunkBinary C:UsersGaneshAppDataLocalTempVirtualKDBuildVBoxDDVBoxDD.def 1 1 VBoxDD

How should I proceed ahead?

AParsons
    Participant

I don’t know about those compile errors.
    But I found that VirtualBox 4.1 works with VisualDDK and VS2010.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.