CMake Debug Command Line arguments not working

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB CMake Debug Command Line arguments not working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    haydenport
    Participant

I am trying to add command line argument for a project when trying to debug. Currently we are using a CMake based project with many executables under 1 project. Since each executable does not have a VGDB project properties option I believe I should go to the Properties tab for that project and add my commands there under ‘Debug->Misc.->Command Line Arguments’ . However when I launch the file to be Debugged the Command line arguments are not being transferred. Currently under my ‘VGDB project properties -> Debug -> Common Settings -> Executable Arguments’ I have specified $(SelectedCMakeTargetArgs)

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally this should work. If it doesn’t, please try reproducing the problem on a fresh project created from scratch. If it happens reliably and you could share the steps we could follow to reproduce it, we can gladly investigate it further.

If the problem only happens on a specific project, please try comparing its .vgdbcmake file against the one created from scratch. Some of the options set there might be interfering with this.

Another thing to check would be the GDB command line shown in the GDB Session window. If it got overridden at any point, the command-line arguments would indeed not reach the application.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.