Changed not detected

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Changed not detected

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just installed VGDB for VS2005. I really want to use this program since VS is my favorite IDE by far. However I just cant get it to work. If I edit the code it just does NOT detect changes:

1>

Build started: Project: LinuxProject1, Configuration: Release Win32

1>Performing Makefile project actions
    1>VisualGDB: Attempting inline build…
    1>No file changes detected. If you believe it’s a mistake, please clean the project and build it again.

This happens after a build, even after a clean, after I have deleted the binary, after I saved everything, always. I just can’t make it detect that I changed the source. I’m using it to compile a project that I imported from my Linux FC17 server, containing several .C, .CC and .h files.

Any idea’s ? Thanks,

Allard

Anonymous
    Participant

Just wanted to add: if I click build, it DOES change and save the file to the local directory ..

Anonymous
    Participant

Any help ? Any idea’s ? I really want to buy this program and use it, but I can’t when I can’t even get it to work ๐Ÿ™

Anonymous
    Participant

Also want to add: even if I manually change the source code on the server and then also change the code in VS (both different pieces of code), then it still says everything matches !!?!?! SO I wonder: what the hell is it comparing !?!

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Are all relevant files transferred to the remote machine at least once i.e. have you added .cc to the source file transfer filter on the Project settings page in VisualGDB Project Properties? Is the local source directory set correctly for file transfer?
    Have you tried setting the option to transfer all the files all the time? Does this option work?

It is normal that source transfer does not detect remote changes as the change checking is done locally only, comparing the remote source files with the local files each time would take too much time in the case of many files.

allard
    Participant

Hi,

No I didn’t add .CC as file mask. I just did that (after I had imported the project etc), but it doesn’t make a difference. Or do I need to set up the whole project again now ? I will try that in a bit.

Also, not sure what you mean with “Is the local source directory set correctly for file transfer” ?

And “Have you tried setting the option to transfer all the files all the time? ” I don’t see that option in the VisualGDB menu when I go to options in VS2005 !?!

Thanks,

Allard

allard
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, adding .CC to the filter solved it !! Thanks so much ! Going to tell my boss tomorrow to buy this product ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,

Allard

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.