Can't connect to the gdbserver

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Can't connect to the gdbserver

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JulianH
    Participant

Hi,

i’m just porting a Visual Studio 2013 Windows Project to Linux in conjunction with VisualGDB. My building of the connections looks like:

Everything is compiling absolutly correct and the executable gets delivered correctly to 169.254.254.254, it starts even properly.

In htop on 169.254.254.254 i can see the running gdbserver with “gdbserver :2000 /tmp/VisualGDBTest” and /tmp/VisualGDBTest with “/tmp/VisualGDBTest” command line. But VisualGDB allways report if i try to debug a new instance (gdbserver and VisualGDBTest yet not run at this time) VisualGDB execute all my previosly enumerated steps then to say that gdbserver has report that the target process isn’t running. Here is the exactly appeared error message:

It allready worked but since i reinstalled VisualGDB and entered the licence key it does not.

With best regards

Julian Hindelang

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please you enable GDB logging as described here and submit the detailed GDB log so that we could investigate it.

JulianH
    Participant
    JulianH
    Participant

It’s maybe interesting:

This message appears immediately before the error-message posted in my first post appears:

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you ping your remote machine? If no, please check your IP address/subnet mask/gateway settings.

If yes, the firewall on the remote machine might be blocking the connections to the gdbserver. Please try disabling the firewall on the Linux side.

JulianH
    Participant

I can connect to 169.254.254.254 to port 2000 i tested it with socat and with a gdb client by myself, both worked.

Just VisualGDB does not.

JulianH
    Participant

My Firewall is completly turned off, Linux side i have no Firewall and no entries in the iptables.

JulianH
    Participant

If i try to connect to the gdbserver started by VisualGDB by command line, i get that:

C:\Users\hindelang.j>gdb
    GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.1
    Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html&gt;
    This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
    There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type “show copying”
    and “show warranty” for details.
    This GDB was configured as “mingw32”.
    For bug reporting instructions, please see:
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/&gt;.
    (gdb) target remote 169.254.254.254:2000
    Remote debugging using 169.254.254.254:2000
    warning: while parsing target description (at line 13): Target description specified unknown architecture “powerpc:commo
    n”
    warning: Could not load XML target description; ignoring
    Remote sent bad register number 0x40: b7faaea4;thread:p402.402;core:0;
    Packet: ‘T0501:bf93ba00;40:b7faaea4;thread:p402.402;core:0;’

Server side:

If i connect with VisualGDB, i only get the error as descripted above (without the recognizion from the gdbserver that someone tryed to connect).

I don’t know what i am doing wrong. It simply makes no sense to me.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by JulianH.
    JulianH
    Participant

The compiling linux server wasn’t in the same network like the linux execution server, i don’t understand why but putting them into the same network solved the problem.

support
    Keymaster

This can be caused by lots of different causes ranging from ip/netmask settings to your gateway routing configuration. Putting both hosts in the same network is indeed the easiest solution.

JulianH
    Participant

So i say thank you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.