Caching the headers from WSL

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Caching the headers from WSL

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    amigo421
    Participant

hi

I was working with a remote linux and that was fine , I mean intellisense capabilities.

however when I ‘ve started to use WSL, no instelli sense and huge number of syntax errors like : symbol not found .

just for sure – the build of the app is okay , no error. and also – the project was imported (as CMAke) initially. the wizard asked me for a folder mapping with a suggestion – however , you know, WSL has access to windows file system , so the mapping was not real , it’s just a various reprenestation of the same folder from win10 and from WSL.

so from Source Cache manager, I see that 0(zero) mapped folders for WSL. then Reload functionality doesn’t work

could you clarify how to configure the project/host(WSL) for the ability of VS could have an access to WSL system headers (GCC, boost, etc)?

THank you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB does not cache the headers from the WSL, instead it configures the IntelliSense to directly look inside the WSL directories.

If you are using CMake on WSL, you may be affected by a bug that prevents VisualGDB from querying CMakeLists.txt properly. If this is the case, please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.2.14.1375.msi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.