build errors path mismatch?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB build errors path mismatch?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    thedixon
    Participant

We have a large linux project, consisting of several pieces. I created one solution for it like so

solution

projectA

projectB

on linux build command is run in the root directory of this project, and produces errors in the following format:

projectA/source.cpp some_error

in visual studio in the build output window it gets mapped into

c:\path_to_solution\projectA\projectA\source.cpp some_error

As you can see, projectA part is duplicated. So line with error becomes non-clickable, because system can’t find the file.

Is there any way to map it differently, short off piping linux output via some script that would cut off projectA part from the path?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you can experiment with the default Windows path for relative paths via VisualGDB Project Properties -> Path Mapping.

thedixon
    Participant

I’ve tried putting c:\path_to_solution in the relative path, had no effect, still produced

c:\path_to_solution\projectA\projectA\source.cpp some_error

which kinda makes sense, if what is said in the description of the relative path is true – “for files with no mapping”. Since it was mapping those paths to somewhere, I guess some other mapping rule was active?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s hard to say why the paths would be reported incorrectly without seeing the original build output. Please try running the build command manually via command line (outside VisualGDB) and check the paths reported there. If you are not sure, feel free to post the log here and we will help you find the correct settings.

thedixon
    Participant

I figured it out. I have changed the “working directory” in the build settings to be one directory up, and didn’t realize that I had to change “main build directory” to the corresponding place as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.