Breakpoint with hit count condition

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Breakpoint with hit count condition

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hromain
    Participant

Hi,

I have set a breakpoint with a hit count condition.

The debugger never stops at the breakpoint.

If I interrupt the application I can see that the hit counter works properly and that the hit number of the condition was reached without stopping the program.

Cheers

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a bug. Could you check the GDB Session window to see if VisualGDB is issuing the -break-after command properly to communicate the hit count to gdb?

hromain
    Participant

Here is the part of the log you asked :

-break-insert -f /home/hromain/synthese/server/src/61_data_exchange/IneoFileFormat.cpp:613
    &”No source file named /home/hromain/synthese/server/src/61_data_exchange/IneoFileFormat.cpp.\n”
    ^done,bkpt={number=”11″,type=”breakpoint”,disp=”keep”,enabled=”y”,addr=”<PENDING>”,pending=”/home/hromain/synthese/server/src/61_data_exchange/IneoFileFormat.cpp:613″,times=”0″,original-location=”/home/hromain/synthese/server/src/61_data_exchange/IneoFileFormat.cpp:613″}
    -break-after 11 195
    OK

The break-after is present.

But the error message “no source named…” is strange because the path of the cpp file exists (I have checked).

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The “no source file” problem usually happens when the debugged executable is missing the debug symbols or the source file belongs to a .so library that is not loaded yet.

Please try checking the list of source files known to gdb by running the “info sources” command. Perhaps some symbolic links in some directories result in a different path for that file?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.