Beginners problem: Python debugging on remote machine

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Beginners problem: Python debugging on remote machine

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

RobMeades
    Participant

Hi there. I downloaded VisualGDB a few days ago with the aim of editing Python plus C/C++ code for the Raspberry Pi but on a nice Win10 speedy machine/interface and then building/running that code on the Pi. This works with a pure C++ project but I can’t make it work with Python or Python/C++ projects; seems like I have some configuration deeply wrong (not that I’ve consciously touched any configuration) or I have completely misunderstood how VisualGDB is meant to work. In all scenarios I am editing code on a Win10 PC and then building/running the code on the Raspberry Pi (B+) via SSH.

When I create the default Python-only project it appears to “build” successfully (which might not mean anything as there’s no C code to build) but when I attempt to debug it VisualGDB throws an exception before anything starts where it seems to be trying to CD to a Windows directory in a bash script that is presumably running on the Pi:

When I create the default Python/C++ project, again the build step is successful but when I attempt to debug it VisualGDB steps into the Python lines as they were compiled from the C source code and so complains at each single step that it cannot find various lumps of glibc source code. Obviously I’m not trying to debug Python itself: is there a way to stop it doing this?

Any help is appreciated.

Rob

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, Python debugging on Raspberry Pi is currently broken. We are investigating this and will post an update here once a hotfix is available (please allow 1-2 working days for that).

RobMeades
    Participant

Got it, thanks for confirming, I’ll try again once fixed.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

OK, please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.1.2058.msi

Please also follow the instructions in this tutorial to work around the optimization bug in the original Python 3 package.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.