batchmnt with network ISO = CD Drive (incorrect type)

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu batchmnt with network ISO = CD Drive (incorrect type)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jolynsbass
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to get batchmnt working with a small batch file used in XBMC to mount and ISO, which will then be played by PowerDVD. I’m using the following command syntax:

"C:Program Files (x86)WinCDEmubatchmnt.exe" %1 V /wait

This works perfectly when the ISO is a local file, residing on my HDD – the image is mounted in an appropriate drive type (DVD drive for DVD discs, BD drive for BD discs). However, if the ISO file is on the network, using batchmnt, I get a device of “CD Drive” – which seems to interfere w/ PowerDVD reading the disc. (at least for DVD discs; BD seems to work ok, strangely).

If instead of batchmnt, I use the regular context menu to “Select drive letter and mount” with a network ISO, the default drive type is correctly selected: DVD or BD depending on the image. When this image is mounted this way, the PowerDVD program has no issues reading the disc at all.

So, how can I force batchmnt to emulate a certain type of drive hardware (wouldn’t BD-ROM be a better default than CD Drive)? Or is there a way to fix this issue some other way? Perhaps it’s a bug? Thanks for your input!

(I realize that it may actually be an issue with PowerDVD more than WinCDEmu, but, seriously, what’s the chance of getting a useful response from them? 😉 )

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.