AVR simulator

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB AVR simulator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    for_camry
    Participant

Just tried simple test:

Download trial version, tried with VS community 2015

I want to evaluate register representation in some different MCUs and try to create some different projects.

So, create sample avr atmega128 project, select simulator as debugger, and try to start it, but it not started, stucks with report message: Received a SIGTRAP: Trace/breakpoint trap

What needed to use simulator?

for_camry
    Participant

And additional issue, when i try to switch to standalone project and selected debug metod “AVR Ice”, it is disappears … even if it was enabled, visualgdb say me to shoose different debugger.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

First of all, sorry, our AVR support is very basic as it’s much less popular than ARM-based devices.

The simulator is provided by the gdb debugger and does not always work with all the devices. For precise simulation we recommend using 3rd-party simulators.

Regarding the stand-alone mode, it’s only useful when supporting a device requires referencing some source files from the BSP (this is the case for many ARM devices). For AVR projects there are no such implicit dependencies, so the stand-alone mode is not needed and hence not fully supported.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.