ARM-USB-OCD problem

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ARM-USB-OCD problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kami
    Participant

Hi,

I have a problem to use my ARM-USB-OCD (Olimex) with ESP32.
    See attached file.
    What is wrong?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The ARM-USB-OCD and ARM-USB-OCD-H devices have different USB IDs. Please try enabling the manual script selection and select the olimex-arm-usb-ocd.cfg script explicitly.

kami
    Participant

Hi,

and thank you. Where can I manually enable this script? I can see no option. Please make a screen shot – I use the VisualGDB 5.2.

Best Regards.

kami
    Participant

Hi,

I used the manual script settings and following messages coes up (see attached).

What does it mean? What should I do? Is the problem on Olimex device or driver side?

Thank you very much for your help and support.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like you might be using a deprecated version of the script. Please try using interface/ftdi/olimex-arm-usb-ocd.cfg.

kami
    Participant

Hi,

as you can see my very first post and the attachment, there I use the “ftdi”-version of the script. This was pre-configured if I plug-in my Olimex and press the “Detect” button.
    Well further I miss the “Test”-button for testing the ARM-USB-OCD in the config window.
    What version of VisualGDB has this Button? I use version 5.2 .

Regards and thank you.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by kami.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about the confusion. In order to troubleshoot this please open Device Manager, locate the Olimex device and locate its Hardware ID (via Properties window). Then please check the USB VID and PID shown in the Hardware ID against the IDs specified in the .cfg file. Can you confirm that the IDs match?

If yes, which driver is installed for the Olimex interface?

In order to use automatic connection testing, please update to VisualGDB 5.3 and install the latest ESP8266 toolchain. It includes an updated debug mechanism that detects and fixes most of the driver problems automatically.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.