adding to embedded toolchain gcc defines

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB adding to embedded toolchain gcc defines

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ancaritha
    Participant

I search a bit on the forums, so my apologies if this has already been asked and answered.  When you open the stm32.xml file there are a series of lines at the top:

CC := $(TOOLCHAIN_ROOT)/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe
    CXX := $(TOOLCHAIN_ROOT)/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++.exe
    LD := $(CXX)
    AR := $(TOOLCHAIN_ROOT)/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar.exe
    OBJCOPY := $(TOOLCHAIN_ROOT)/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe

This is automatically generated based upon your toolchain… but is there any way to add entries too it so when it gets regenerated they remain?  Specifically, I use “arm-none-eabi-objdump.exe” and “arm-none-eabi-size.exe” in my makefiles.  I’m upgrading my GCC from an older version that has the files names in the older format (i.e. arm-eabi-gcc.exe) and if I have to go and update all of the makefiles for my projects anyways, I might as well see if I can automate some part of it so a future gcc upgrade doesn’t make me do it all over again.

Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The assignments for the CC, CXX, etc in stm32.mak are generated based on the toolchain.xml file when you either create the project, or click the “regenerate the MCU-specific files” button on the first page of VisualGDB Project Properties. You can edit the toolchain.xml file in the toolchain directory if you wish to change the values written to stm32.mak.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.