VisualDDK integration to VC2008 Express SP1 failed

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion VisualDDK integration to VC2008 Express SP1 failed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hello,

I installed VisualDDK 1.4 but I cannot find VisualDDK wizard when I want to create new project.
    It seems the wizard is not installed or it is not installed properly.
    An error occurred during VisualDDK setup but “VisualDDK setup succeeded.” message is at the end
    of setup report (please see below). Could this error cause I do not have VisualDDK wizard in my
    VC2008?

I use Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition SP1, WDK 6000 and DDK 3790.1830.
    Operating system is Windows XP Pro.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please help.
    Thanks.

Setting up VisualDDK…

DDKDebugger-dbg.dll registered successfully
    BasicDDKTypes.dll registered successfully
    BazisLibTypes.dll registered successfully
    DDKDebugMonitor.dll registered successfully
    DDKDebugUI.dll registered successfully
    DDKProjectWizard.dll registered successfully
    DDKProjectWizard2005.dll registered successfully
    DDKProjectWizard2010.dll registered successfully
    Installed DDKDebugConsole.Addin to C:Documents and Settings…My DocumentsVisual Studio 2008Addins successfully.
    Installed DDKDebugLauncher.Addin to C:Documents and Settings…My DocumentsVisual Studio 2008Addins successfully.
    Installed Project Wizard to C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 9.0 successfully.
    Updating environment variables…
    Successfully set %DDKPATH% to C:WINDDK3790.1830.
    Successfully set %WDKPATH% to C:WINDDK6000.
    Resetting Visual Studio settings for add-ins…
    Cannot exec C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 9.0Common7IDEdevenv.exe /resetaddin DDKDebugConsole.Connect /resetaddin DDKDebugLauncher.Connect /command File.Exit failed: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    at VisualDDKSetup.InstallDialog.ResetPlugins(String VSPath, Boolean& Failed)

VisualDDK setup succeeded.
    To see the quickstart guide, go to the following page: http://visualddk.sysprogs.org/quickstart

Anonymous
    Participant

It is my suspicion that VisualDDK can’t work with the Express editions, though the error you got is hardly conclusive: since the Express Editions for the various languages do not integrate with one another, they do not use the shared “devenv.exe” that the more expensive versions use — each Express Edition has a seperate .exe for its development environment, e.g. C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 9.0Common7IDEVCSExpress.exe for MSVC# 2008 Express. (I’m on a campus computer and that is the only one I have installed today, okay?)

The reason I came on to the forum was to look for a definitive statement one way or the other, and to suggest that it be mentioned on the webpage whether or not it can work with MSVC Express.

SamB
    Participant

Oops, I thought I was logged in when I posted that reply just now. Strange that a forum would allow anonymous posting these days…

support
    Keymaster

The Express edition does not have support for extensions, thus, VisualDDK won’t work with it. AFAIK, free copies of Visual Studio Professional are distributed via BizSpark and DreamSpark programmes. See Microsoft website for details.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.