VGDB Integrated SmarTTY couldnot select path in local folder

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB VGDB Integrated SmarTTY couldnot select path in local folder

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I thought this bug (or maybe not) is exists since 4.0b1, and in 4.0b2 it still exists.
    Just even install on a clean-machine win7, when click select folder on local PC ( while remote folder on linux is OK! )
    the dialog will hung and I had to close it ungracefully. Thought it should be a bug or any other clues ?

Don’t know if it could be reproduced there ๐Ÿ˜€

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. Could you please let us know how what exactly you are doing to browse the folder? Please feel free to attach a screenshot or a step-by-step description.

Anonymous
    Participant

OK, i’ll explain my op step by step with images(but I don’t know the images could show here .. ), that’s simple ๐Ÿ˜€
    1. open empty visual studio, that’s a test machine without any other component installed, and from menu Tools – pickup ‘SSH Host Manager’.

2. Then From SSH Connection Manager, Open my test host (pre-configured), that host is a Linux X86, Click ‘Open console’.

3. goto menu SCP – Download a File, then Click browser File Btn, … the dialog won’t show up and I have to kill this SSH (luckily no needs to shut down the VS).

4. In fast, Any Button to open Local File Browser Dialog will die here(prompt that NO response), OK, I think is it related with my region, not in english?

*. BTW, my personal suggestion, the *.hpp or *.cxx is often used in C++ programming, such as boost, and could it be the default ones during Sync? I have a lil trouble when I first synchronizing source files remote ;D.

Anonymous
    Participant

RE submit with Image fixed (should be ;D)

1. open empty visual studio, that’s a test machine without any other component installed, and from menu Tools – pickup ‘SSH Host Manager’.

2. Then From SSH Connection Manager, Open my test host (pre-configured), that host is a Linux X86, Click ‘Open console’.

3. goto menu SCP – Download a File, then Click browser File Btn, … the dialog won’t show up and I have to kill this SSH (luckily no needs to shut down the VS).

4. In fast, Any Button to open Local File Browser Dialog will die here(prompt that NO response), OK, I think is it related with my region, not in english?

*. BTW, my personal suggestion, the *.hpp or *.cxx is often used in C++ programming, such as boost, and could it be the default ones during Sync? I have a lil trouble when I first synchronizing source files remote ;D.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your explanations. We have fixed it in Beta 3. We have also added an option (Tools->Options->VisualGDB->General) to override the default file masks used when creating projects.

Anonymous
    Participant

Ok! So fast you are, it is confirmed that the bug is fixed in beta3 ^^, and configuration “Default file masks for source transer” also worked .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.