Unable to create project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Unable to create project

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sapero
    Participant

Hello,
    I have installed this plugin to my VS2005 (system drive C) and just confirmed the path to DDK 2600 (nonsystem drive D).
    Launched the IDE, clicked new project, and got a STOP messagebox: WARNING! VisualDDK wizard was unable to find any DDK/WDK installed on your system. Please check your %DDKPATH% and %WDKPATH% environment variables.

* DDKPATH environment variable is present in the environment block for Visual Studio process.
    * all the build tools I have are working, even without reinstalling all the ddk’s after each system reinstallation.

What do I miss? And why this plugin is searching instead just using the provided path?

I see something strange in the filemon logs:

00:04:42	devenv.exe:1856	QUERY INFORMATION	D:WINDDK2600incddkWLHntddk.h	PATH NOT FOUND
    00:04:42	devenv.exe:1856	QUERY INFORMATION	D:WINDDK2600incddkntddk.h	FILE NOT FOUND
    00:04:42	devenv.exe:1856	QUERY INFORMATION	D:WINDDK2600incddkwdmWLHntddk.h	PATH NOT FOUND
    00:04:42	devenv.exe:1856	QUERY INFORMATION	D:WINDDK2600incapintddk.h	PATH NOT FOUND
    00:04:42	devenv.exe:1856	QUERY INFORMATION	D:WINDDK2600inccrtntddk.h	FILE NOT FOUND
    00:04:42	devenv.exe:1856	QUERY INFORMATION	D:WINDDK2600incWLHntddk.h	PATH NOT FOUND
    00:04:42	devenv.exe:1856	QUERY INFORMATION	D:WINDDK2600incddkWXPntddk.h	SUCCESS

The /inc/ directory has only three subdirectories: crt, ddk, wxp

support
    Keymaster

Before creating a project, VisualDDK wizard searches for several header and library files in the DDK directory to detect correct include & lib paths for the project. You can see the search sequence in detail in the ProjectSettingsForm.cs file.
    Basically, the following files are searched: ntddk.h, ntdef.h, wdm.h, excpt.h, guiddef.h, ntoskrnl.lib, hal.lib, int64.lib, ntstrsafe.lib, exsup.lib, amd64ntoskrnl.lib, amd64hal.lib, amd64ntstrsafe.lib. Could you please specify the paths for the files mentioned above on your system, so I can see, why VisualDDK does not find them.
    It is very strange, that the wizard fails after successfully locating ntddk.h. Maybe, filemon shows failed attempt of locating other files (ntdef.h/etc)?
    Additionally, you can recompile the DDKProjectWizard.sln solution and run the DDKProjectWizard2005 project (select devenv.exe as running executable). After setting breakpoint on TryCreateLocationInfoObject() method, you can see why exactly header search fails. Note that CreateLocationInfoObjects() calls this method four times for four different OSes (WLH/WXP/WNET/W2K), so, it is normally for some of them to fail, as not every DDK contains all four of them.

sapero
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I had to add the WINDDK6001.18000 directory as WDK path to get it working. Anyway there is the list of requested paths for 2600:

ntddk.h
    incddkwxp
    ntdef.h
    incwxp
    incddkwxp
    wdm.h
    incddkwdmwxp
    excpt.h
    inccrt
    guiddef.h
    incwxp
    ntoskrnl.lib
    libwxpi386
    libwxpia64
    hal.lib
    libwxpia64
    libwxpi386
    int64.lib
    libwxpi386
    exsup.lib
    libwxpi386
    amd64ntoskrnl.lib
    libwxpi386
    libwxpia64
    amd64hal.lib
    libwxpia64
    libwxpi386
    // but
    ntstrsafe.lib
    not found in 2600

If you need the list of all the files from my 2600, I have created a zipped .lst file (view it in total commander) http://www.sendspace.com/file/sgwyg6
    2600 is quite old, I think we have different releases.

Maybe, filemon shows failed attempt of locating other files (ntdef.h/etc)?

Yes, the log above is not complete, I saw more fails on include and lib files.

support
    Keymaster

Could you please test whether VisualDDK wizard handles DDK2600 correctly, if you create an empty ntstrsafe.lib file in LIB directory?

sapero
    Participant

Yes, the Wizard is opening, but ntstrsafe.lib must be in libwxpi386 directory. If ntstrsafe.lib exists in libwxpia64 only, 2600 is not visible in the versions combo box.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.