Suspected Project Import Problem or Compiler problem

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Suspected Project Import Problem or Compiler problem

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Miao Mico
    Participant

I think i find the problem .

The STDPeriph Lib’s .h files are not been included .

And i checked the keil project file and the imported MCU.xml .

The VGDB imported correctly .

But Keil can find the .h along the tree included .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miao Mico
    Participant

But i add the .h files ,it also can’t work .

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

In Visual Studio the include search paths need to be specified explicitly. Just adding headers to Solution Explorer will not automatically let your code discover it. Simply add the directories with headers to VisualGDB Project Properties -> MSBuild -> Include Directories and MSBuild will be able to find them.

You can also use the VisualGDB’s header discovery logic – it should normally locate the missing headers automatically and suggest updating the project properties for you. You can read more about this feature here: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/intellisense/headers/

Miao Mico
    Participant

Thanks .

I will try .

Come back soon .

Miao Mico
    Participant

but it can’t work …

beacuse my project has includes the direction ,otherwise the keil project won’t be available .

And you said the VSGDB project imported correctly from the keil project.

Miao Mico
    Participant

this problem is the biggest one holding back my using the VSGDB .

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, we are not sure what you meant. The project should normally import correctly as long as the original Keil project has the correct include paths.

Please try locating a specific header that is not being found and ensure that its location is listed in the Include Directories field in VisualGDB Project Properties.

Alternatively please try reproducing the problem on a smaller Keil project (that builds with Keil, but doesn’t build after being imported) and attach it here so that we could investigate.

Miao Mico
    Participant

My question is the VSGDB project imported from the normal keil project can’t compile succeed .

Why ?

the vs show this outputs below:

mistaks-1.png

than i find the Header files -> FWLIB that wish contain the STDPeriph Lib’s .h files is empty .

and i goto the MSbuild find the includes dirction contain it :

includes.h

and i add the files(.h) into it it can’t work …

do i say enough to understand it ?

because i am a rookie …

i am very confused …

don’t know how to explain …

Sorrry , sincerely .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is impossible to narrow down the problem based on the limited description you provided. If you could reproduce the problem on a smaller project and attach it here, we should be able to investigate what is going on.

Miao Mico
    Participant

Ok , if it work , i will attach to the support .

Miao Mico
    Participant

Support has been updated .

Hopes it will work .

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for sending us the repro. Turns out the project included its own modified versions of the system headers and the Keil IDE included them before the regular headers, while VisualGDB included them after.

We have updated VisualGDB to match the Keil behavior in this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.100.2788.msi

Please import the project again.

Miao Mico
    Participant

Thanks .

Let me try it .

Miao Mico
    Participant

And …

it still have problem .

Will the c/c++ language standard will be imported ?

Many times , error will catched because this is not same as the keil project .

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, the language standard does not get automatically imported for Keil projects, however you can simply change it via the VS project properties.

We have rechecked the project you previously sent us and it does get imported correctly. If you still run into problems, please send us the updated repro project.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.