Raspberry Pi debugging immediately exits with SIGILL

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Raspberry Pi debugging immediately exits with SIGILL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    anthrolume
    Participant

I’ve got a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B running the latest Jessie Lite (uname -a: “Linux pleasuredome 4.9.37-v7+ #1017 SMP Thu Jul 13 11:26:04 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux”). I’m using paid VisualGDB Linux edition, 5.2R9. The firmware on the Pi has been updated to the latest version. My project is converted to msbuild and builds fine.

When I try to debug, I immediately get a SIGILL. (See attached dialog pic.) The stack has only one thing on it:
    > ld-linux-armhf.so.3 + 0x10714

I’ve also attached the log. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Bryan

P.S. Since I’m paid, I opened a support ticket yesterday but haven’t heard anything. So I thought I’d ask here. If I get an answer the works I’ll post an update so others might benefit.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by anthrolume.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This could be caused by incompatibility between the gdb from your crosstoolchain and the target gdbserver. Please try running gdb on the target machine manually (gdb <executable>). If this works, you would need to switch the project to be compiled and debugged on the Raspberry Pi directly or get a cross-build of gdb that is compatible with your target image.

Pawel Szabaciuk
    Participant

Check if you have libc6-dbg installed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.