Problems with M5Stack as ESP-IDF project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Problems with M5Stack as ESP-IDF project

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    julianr
    Participant

I am trying to program the M5Stack as an ESP-IDF project (Cmake). Sadly the M5Stack is only supported as a Arduino component so I added the Arduino Core as described in the “Using ESP32 Arduino Core as a Component in ESP-IDF Projects”. I then added the M5Stack component via the CMakeLists.txt but it won’t compile. I get the error “‘gpio_deep_sleep_hold_dis’ was not declared in this scope” which apparently is because of on old esp-idf. I can comment out the line but get even more compile errors. I am using esp-idf version 3.2 so I updated to 3.3 but now I can’t even add the M5Stack component. I get the error “CMake Error at C:/Users/Julian/Documents/Arduino/Libraries/M5Stack/CMakeLists.txt:19 (target_compile_definitions):
    Cannot specify compile definitions for target “M5Stack” which is not built by this project”

Is there a way to use the M5Stack Library outside of an Arduino project? Otherwise I will ditch the library completely and try to rewrite the needed drivers without the arduino framework.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a generic ESP-IDF issue and not something specific to VisualGDB. Please feel free to ask on the Espressif forum.

If you get specific low-level instructions and need help translating them to VisualGDB-level settings, please let us know and we will help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.