ODROID-C2 Support?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ODROID-C2 Support?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    knox
    Participant

I am getting started on a pretty aggressive project that will run on an ODROID-C2.  I am hoping that VisualGDB might make the development a little less painful than living in vi like I used to.  I installed the trial of VisualGDB with Visual Studio 2015, and I am trying to make a project using GNU Make.  I am having trouble getting the Toolchain configured properly.  I installed the toolchain from https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/+download.  I am new to this “toolchain cross-compiler” concept, so I am hoping you nudge me in the right direction.  Did I install the correct toolchain?

When I try to create the project, I get the error:

Toolchain test failed: Timed out waiting for ‘env’ command.  Please double-check your settings.
    VisualGDB version: 5.2.14.1357
    —————— System.TimeoutException ——————
    System.TimeoutException: Timed out waiting for ‘env’ command
    at qb.d(mr c, a2 b, Int32 a)
    at ai.i(e31 a)

Im not sure where that is happening…is it on the Windows machine, or on the ODROID?

If I ignore it, then it comes up and installs gdbserver on the ODROID, and finishes creating the project.

When I try to compile the project I get the following error:
    1>------ Build started: Project: LinuxProject1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1> VisualGDB: Run "cmd.exe /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\make.exe" CONFIG=Debug" in directory "C:\Projects\LinuxProject1\LinuxProject1" on local computer

1> C:/Program Files (x86)/GNU Tools ARM Embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++.exe -o Debug/LinuxProject1 -Wl,-gc-sections -Wl,--start-group Debug/LinuxProject1.o -Wl,--rpath='$ORIGIN' -Wl,--end-group

1> c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-exit.o): In function `exit':

1> exit.c:(.text.exit+0x2c): undefined reference to `_exit'

1> c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-abort.o): In function `abort':

1> abort.c:(.text.abort+0x10): undefined reference to `_exit'

1> c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-fstatr.o): In function `_fstat_r':

1> fstatr.c:(.text._fstat_r+0x20): undefined reference to `_fstat'

1> c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-sbrkr.o): In function `_sbrk_r':

1> sbrkr.c:(.text._sbrk_r+0x18): undefined reference to `_sbrk'

1> c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-signalr.o): In function `_kill_r':

1> signalr.c:(.text._kill_r+0x20): undefined reference to `_kill'

1> c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-signalr.o): In function `_getpid_r':

1> signalr.c:(.text._getpid_r+0x4): undefined reference to `_getpid'

1> c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-writer.o): In function `_write_r':

1> writer.c:(.text._write_r+0x24): undefined reference to `_write'

1> c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-closer.o): In function `_close_r':

1> closer.c:(.text._close_r+0x18): undefined reference to `_close'

1> c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-isattyr.o): In function `_isatty_r':

1> isattyr.c:(.text._isatty_r+0x18): undefined reference to `_isatty'

1> c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-lseekr.o): In function `_lseek_r':

1> lseekr.c:(.text._lseek_r+0x24): undefined reference to `_lseek'

1> c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/5.4 2016q3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libc.a(lib_a-readr.o): In function `_read_r':

1> readr.c:(.text._read_r+0x24): undefined reference to `_read'

1>collect2.exe : error : ld returned 1 exit status

1> make: *** [Debug/LinuxProject1] Error 1

1> -------------------------------------------------------------

1> Command exited with code 2

1> Executable: cmd.exe

1> Arguments: /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\make.exe" CONFIG=Debug

1> Directory: C:\Projects\LinuxProject1\LinuxProject1

1>VisualGDB : error : Command-line action failed

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(41,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\\VisualGDB.exe" /build "C:\Projects\LinuxProject1\LinuxProject1\LinuxProject1.vcxproj" "/solution:C:\Projects\LinuxProject1\LinuxProject1.sln" "/config:Debug" "/platform:Win32"" exited with code 1.

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by support. Reason: formating
    knox
    Participant

I forgot to mention that the ODROID is running Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.14.79-89 aarch64).

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like you are using the toolchain designed for barebone embedded devices on a Linux-based board.

Please try using one of the Linux-based toolchains (e.g. Raspberry Pi).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.