NRF52 MBED Issues

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB NRF52 MBED Issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ephemeral
    Participant

Well put simply, if you try and build an ARM Mbed project with an NRF52 devkit selected the project sort of breaks down, I’ve managed to narrow it down somewhere between how the project configures (J-Link by default as it should, however in the configuration on Mbed I’ve noticed that the RAM size column reads as 52k in mbed rather than the default nordic kit’s 64k and 400k ROM rather than 512k as stock. I take it this is something to do with the overhead of the mbed framework however I’m wondering is there any way to reconfigure the debugger to point to the correct memory spaces? I assume that’s why my attempts at launching a debug session have been catastrophic so far (In that the debugger immediately breakpoints when it starts when its been manually configured to target the right board as J-Link doesn’t understand what an NRF52_DK is)

Any knowledge here? 🙂

support
    Keymaster

VisualGDB takes the memory sizes from the linker script file included with mbed (<BSP>\mbed\targets\TARGET_NORDIC\TARGET_NRF5\TARGET_MCU_NRF52832\device\TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM\NRF52832.ld). They may not match the actual memory sizes if the script reserves some of the memory for other components.

Based on our knowledge, mbed support for nRF5x devices requires some extra build steps to combine the image with a bootloader and VisuaGDB does not do it automatically. As a workaround, please try creating a regular non-mbed project until we fully support targeting nRF5x with mbed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.