MDS/MDF – Error message – File Type Blocked

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu MDS/MDF – Error message – File Type Blocked

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Every time I try to mount my mdf/mds files I get this message

the file type being saved or retrieved has been blocked

Why?

support
    Keymaster

Most likely, you are trying to mount an encrypted MDS image. Unfortunately, WinCDEmu cannot mount encrypted images, as the encryption algorithm is unknown. The only thing I can suggest is to avoid creating encrypted Alcohol images, as they cannot be mounted by any other tools.

Anonymous
    Participant

I get this same problem with audio cd’s in iso format that have been created using Imgburn… odd this application would be fantastic and quite honestly its the only reason why I use Alcohol120%.

On another note would it be possible to add support for bin files.

support
    Keymaster

Audio CD images are not supported by WinCDEmu. My personal opinion is that storing audio CDs in ISO format is inefficient, as you cannot index separate songs, waste twice more space (compared to lossless APE format, if you are picky about quality) or 10x more if you accept MP3s with a reasonable bitrate, and have to mess with drive letters every time. Moreover, technically, emulating audio CDs is a non-trivial task (would take even more time than adding support for data NRG/MDS/CCD). So, if anyone submits a patch supporting audio CDs, I won’t mind including it, but I won’t develop such feature myself, as there is an easier and more smooth solution.
    I recommend checking out various Audio CD ripping tools instead.

Anonymous
    Participant

Ordinarily I would agree and would use flac, wavpack, ape or some other lossless format but I just don’t like to double handle… the reason why I have iso format audio cds is because I automatically create backups for my cds for when I take them into my car or to listen to at work, I don’t like damaging my originals.
    Its still a great little application that some people might find handy but at the end of the day it would be nice for this thing to be a complete virtual drive package and stand toe to toe with the other apps that can achieve this sorts of things.

support
    Keymaster

Understood. Your case is quite rare and WinCDEmu was not designed to handle such use. I guess, you need a more advanced imaging system then… Good luck in finding it 😉

Anonymous
    Participant

needs rename file MDS/MDF to *********.ISO Solved…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.