January 10, 2019 at 23:37 #23328
I’m building an NDK library, from existing C++ source files, setting up the project from scratch.
The C++ files are in multiple different folders, and I basically am having issue with the #include ” ” directive finding the files. I’m using LOCAL_C_INCLUDES, but I just can’t get it to resolve.
Any tips on how to figure this out? I don’t really know what $(LOCAL_PATH) is pointing to (is there a “verbose” flag?) . The VisualGDB Project Properties has a “Same as Visual Studio Project Directory” or “other”. The “Other” requires an AndroidManifest.xml file, which an library does not have, so I can’t use that.
I even tried putting a FULL path to the include folder, “C:/dev/….” in LOCAL_C_INCLUDES. No luck.
Any help is greatly appreciated ! 🙂January 10, 2019 at 23:44 #23329
No problem. Please let us know the email associated with your license key so that we can link it to your forum profile and we will be happy to help you.January 11, 2019 at 00:58 #23331
I just updated my profile with the email address used to purchase the license.
Thank youJanuary 11, 2019 at 04:36 #23336
Thanks for updating your profile. However, it looks like your technical support period has expired a while ago.
Please consider updating it here: https://sysprogs.com/splm/mykey (the 50% discount will add 1 year to the original expiration period; alternatively please contact our sales for a 10% late renewal discount that will extend the expiration period to a year from now).
As soon as you renew your support, we will be happy to explain the semantics on $(LOCAL_PATH) and other Android-related settings.January 11, 2019 at 21:25 #23353
I figured out my problem, with $(LOCAL_PATH). Adding a $(warning $LOCAL_PATH)) helped me identify where the include search path starts from.
I have a feature suggestion: VisualGDB is great in that when the Solution Explorer in Visual Studio is used to add existing C/C++ files, the Android.mk file is automatically edited and LOCAL_SRC_FILES is updated.
What seems to be lacking is that when .H header files are added via the Solution Explorer, nothing happens in the Android.mk file. What should happen, what would be great, is if the LOCAL_C_INCLUDES field is updated accordingly, with the path to the header files that were added. Now THAT would a big time saver, and THAT would be worth paying for as an upgrade feature. 🙂 I just had to manually add 10 different include paths, manually, to the Android.mk file. Very time consuming.
Thanks.January 12, 2019 at 05:36 #23369
No problem and good to know it works. VisualGDB doesn’t add the locations of all headers to the header search list as it would cause very hard-to-track errors with some libraries (e.g. the ones with separate private/public headers). We do support this for advanced mbed projects and MSBuild-based projects, but unfortunately we won’t be able to support this on Android projects as it might cause more problems than it would solve.
As for the upgrade, we have loaded VisualGDB 5.4 with support for many new platforms, redesigned GUI, better custom actions, advanced code navigation and other features that make it easier to use, but ultimately it’s up to you to decide whether the upgrade is worth it based on your project types and requirements. Feel free to contact our sales if you would like to get a trial extension voucher to try out the new version.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.