Little Bug when use "fixed stack/heap size"

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Little Bug when use "fixed stack/heap size"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    runout
    Participant

Hi, I use a “startup_xxxx.c” of my own.
    (see Attachment, from a Silabs BG13P22-Project)
    I must use “fixed stack/heap size”-Feature.

OK, when I change the Stacksize-Value, the Link to my “startup_xxxx.c” is overwritten.
    (to c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.silabs.efm32\BGM13\StartupFiles\)

On the other hand, changes of heap- and stacksize never take place in the application.

At the Moment I use preprocessors macros: __STACK_SIZE=0x<value>; __HEAP_SIZE=0x<value>;
    That works for me.

Where is heap- and stacksize applied to the compiler when “fixed stack/heap size” is used?

Kind Regards
    Runout

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is by design. The “Fixed Stack/Heap” framework only works when using the StackAndHeap.c file provided by it and a VisualGDB-generated linker script that is compatible with the file.

The options in the GUI simply define the FIXED_STACK_SIZE and FIXED_HEAP_SIZE macros that are used by StackAndHeap.c.

If you are using your own logic for managing stack/heap, you can either specify the macros it expects manually, or update it to use the macro names used by VisualGDB.

If you would like to avoid using the startup file shipped with VisualGDB, please consider updating to the latest EFM32 BSP (v5.9.1). It adds a checkbox allowing to exclude the startup file to VisualGDB Project Properties.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.