Kudos

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Kudos

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dmott
    Participant

5.3 has quite an impressive list of features. Congrats to your team and thanks for the hard work.

b.timofte
    Participant

I dont think any kudos is deserved by the team

I have since 1 year a simple CLANG intellisense bug , which involves 3 files and approximately 10 lines of code .

Still not fixed.

Ps: Visual studio native intellisense worked as expected. The CLANG intellisense is useless.

b.timofte
    Participant

But yeah , keep adding flashing features when clang intellisense cant parse 10 lines of code and removing files into project takes ages (on core i7, 4Ghz machine)

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your input. We do investigate all bug reports submitted to us, however some of them correspond to very specific cases (or simply cannot be reproduced on our side), so we are unable to pinpoint and fix them without further details and follow-ups.

W.r.t. the 10-line bug, according to our records, the support ticket describing it was submitted on 10/09/2017 9:41 am and we sent you a hotfix on 10/10/2017 5:30 pm. We understand that you might have been experiencing the problem for a long time prior to submitting a ticket, however we are not able to resolve rare issues unless they are actually reported via the forum or support form.

Regarding the deletion issue, we have tried reproducing it and measured roughly the same performance using the regular VS IntelliSense and VisualGDB Clang IntelliSense. We have requested further clarifications in this thread and have not heard from you since. Please feel free to post your findings there so that we could continue the investigation.

b.timofte
    Participant

hi

Can you post the link to the fixed installer here ?

b.timofte
    Participant

up !

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, here’s the link: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.3.11.1847.msi

b.timofte
    Participant

Seems to be working now the graying of #if disabled code .

Should have been working since years ago to be honest .

Ophidian14
    Participant

Just wanted to add my support here, I agree with dmott that 5.3 is a nice upgrade from the prior version, and has some good features and a nice performance boost over 5.2.  Like b.timofte I have had several issues with the product, *but*, even though I have had to do several rounds with Support my issues were eventually resolved.  We are all developers here and have an appreciation for the difficulty of this problem space, and should understand the need for repro steps/followups to get resolution on our issues.  Just being mad won’t change anything.  I agree using the product is frustrating at times and there are lags/crashes/issues etc. that at times seem insufferable, but again, the alternative is going back to 1980’s tools like vim and gdb.  VisualGDB represents a huge jump over that level of tooling.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.