very slow import with Clang intellisense-broken

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB very slow import with Clang intellisense-broken

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    b.timofte
    Participant

When i try to import a folder with 3000 c.h files in vs2015 i get around 15 minutes time in vs2015 with Clang intellisense(using feature to import folder recursively)

When i switch to visual studio native intellisense it takes 1 minute

I looked into task manager and cpp engine is running with around 15% cpu usage ….

Can you please fix it ?

b.timofte
    Participant

Some correction . The slowness occurs when i right click the folder in visual studio and chose Delete

Import is fast

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks, we have retested this and could only measure a 12% slowdown compared to regular VS IntelliSense. Please ensure that you are deleting the same amount of files with the same layout in both cases. If yes, can you reproduce it on a test project with 1000 generated files? If yes, please send it to us and we will investigate.

b.timofte
    Participant

Is there a easy way to re import part of files of a project who was modified without first deleting the files from inisde visual studio ? This  DELETION IS WHAT TAKES 99% OF TIME .

If i dont delete them from vs 2015 projetc they remain there but when i click thme filename it says it cannot be  found …

Everytime my project modifies i have to wast 15 mins of waiting vs 2015 to delete the files from inside the vs 2015 project … This  is bullshit and a major issue for VisualGDB !

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Currently there is no special way of deleting the folder without using the VS functionality, although it looks like a good idea and we will try to add it in the next version. If you experience different timings with VS IntelliSense and Clang IntelliSense, we might be able to help you find a workaround. Can you confirm that deleting the same files on the same project takes >2x more time with Clang IntelliSense enabled?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.