Kernel-Mode connections and Test project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Kernel-Mode connections and Test project

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jjwalters
    Participant

Hello
    I’m totally new to driver develpment and I’m having probs. (I can’t even get Microsofts XPSDrv Sample Driver to display its extra property pages when I print to it – but that’s another story.)
    So, I’ve installed VisualDDK on a Vista Business SP2 32bit OS, with WinDDK 7600, and specifying its Debuggers directory as the Debugging Tools for Windows x86.
    Referring to the VisualDDK Quickstart page, I tried the Attach to Process->Kernel mode connections using the default pipe://kd_VMXPPRO. This fails saying the ‘system cannot find the file specified.’
    I then created a test project and from the Driver Launch settings dialog, specified a second machine with DDKLaunchMonitor running on it. The named pipe is again kd_VMXPPRO, Hardware ID is root/test for ‘Enable/Disable a PnP device…’ settings which are selected. I press the Launch button and again VisualDDK says it canot strat debugging because it cannot find the file specified.
    I suspect it is the named pipe kd_VMXPPRO which is wrong, or needs setting up.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Jordan

Anonymous
    Participant

pipe://kd_windows

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.