Is #include_next supported in Intellisense path searching?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Is #include_next supported in Intellisense path searching?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ophidian14
    Participant

I have a VisualGDB project set up against a source library that is being built with devtoolset-8, an add-on for CentOS7 that allows you to use upstream compilers (i.e. gcc 8.3) side by side with the system’s installed gcc version (i.e. 4.8).  I then add in the include paths for those system headers into my project (i.e. /opt/rh/devtoolset-8/include/….)

What I’m seeing is that if I only #include <cstdlib> then any reference to malloc and free in my code shows up as undefined.  If I #include <stdlib.h> directly I don’t have a problem.  When I looked into this further the only thing I could really see is that <cstdlib> is using #include_next, and not #include, to pull in stdlib.h.  Would that be a problem for VisualGDB?  In the attached screenshot the text of the path is showing black, and not amber, as if it is not being understood.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally, #include_next<> should work. Please try following our IntelliSense diagnostics tutorial to see the exact options used by VisualGDB’s IntelliSense for the project and for clues why it may not work.

Ophidian14
    Participant

Thank you, the problem ended up being my ordering of Intellisense directories.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.