Installation aborted!

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu Installation aborted!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi..

When I install the version, it first prompts for a path.. then it shows a violet progress bar and instantly it shows a message box with message “Installation aborted”

I go check the folder and i find the following files in that.

115,200 batchmnt.exe
    145,408 batchmnt64.exe
    4,843 bazisvirtualcdbus.cat
    1,458 BazisVirtualCDBus.inf
    langfiles
    104,600 uninstall.exe
    124,928 uninstall64.exe
    197,272 vmnt.exe
    258,712 vmnt64.exe
    x64
    x86

I try using the command line to load files, but it returns me the following message.
    Cannot connect to BazisVirtualCDBus.sys: The system cannot find the file specified.

I tried copying the sys folder to C:windowssystem32drivers but it still doesnt help.

I run the portable version and it works fine.

Can somebody help me on this ?

support
    Keymaster

Did you select “never install non-WHQL-signed drivers” in your system settings?
    WinCDEmu now has a signed kernel-mode driver, but it was obviously not WHQL-certified.

Anonymous
    Participant

I tried to do the following based on your suggestion, but i still get the same error.

Goto My Computer, Click Properties, In the Hardware tab, click Driver Signing button.
    I have tried setting the option to all three settings : Ignore, Block and Warn.
    But I get the same error when using any of the three options.

I am trying the install the “WinCDEmu-3.3-signed.exe”
    I am on WinXP SP3

Anonymous
    Participant

I have also tried setting the “Code signing for device drivers” property to ignore in gpedit.msc under User ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesSystem.
    This also doesnt have any effect.

Is there some kind of log that the installation generates that may be of use ?

Anonymous
    Participant

@ikas wrote:

Hi..

When I install the version, it first prompts for a path.. then it shows a violet progress bar and instantly it shows a message box with message “Installation aborted”

I go check the folder and i find the following files in that.

115,200 batchmnt.exe
    145,408 batchmnt64.exe
    4,843 bazisvirtualcdbus.cat
    1,458 BazisVirtualCDBus.inf
    langfiles
    104,600 uninstall.exe
    124,928 uninstall64.exe
    197,272 vmnt.exe
    258,712 vmnt64.exe
    x64
    x86

I try using the command line to load files, but it returns me the following message.
    Cannot connect to BazisVirtualCDBus.sys: The system cannot find the file specified.

I tried copying the sys folder to C:windowssystem32drivers but it still doesnt help.

I run the portable version and it works fine.

Can somebody help me on this ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.