How to attach a running device(stm32) using segger Jlink?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB How to attach a running device(stm32) using segger Jlink?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    leewez
    Participant

Hi all,

I  can  build & download & debug the stm32 device by following the guild on the website.

But there is a chance that I need to debug some devices which was was already running , I need to get some context info to debug issues.

How can I do that?

support
    Keymaster

The exact answer depends on the debug method you are using. Generally each method provides a setting that allows selecting whether you want to program the firmware or assume it’s already programmed.

If you are not sure, let us know which debug method you are using so that we could help you locate the settings.

leewez
    Participant

Hi Bazis,

thanks very much for your reply.

the debug method I use is “Segger j-link”.  Would you please tell me how to attach device using this debug method?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Currently this is a bit not straight-forward with Segger. Please edit the %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\EmbeddedDebugPackages\com.sysprogs.arm.segger-dmsp\edp.xml file by removing the “load” command from GDBStartupCommands. We will add a configurable option to disable it in one of the next releases of the debugger package.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.