ESP32 BSP update

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32 BSP update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hf
    Participant

Hi,

is it possible to update the BSP Package by simply overwrite the C:\SysGCC\esp32\esp32-bsp\esp-idf\components folder with the git repository?

Best regards

Holger

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, that would not work currently, as the ESP-IDF is not directly compatible with MSBuild (it depends on hardcoded file order and a few other constraints). We realize that ESP-IDF is frequently updated and are working on an experimental project subsystem similar to the Advanced CMake Project Subsystem that will be able to map native ESP-IDF projects directly into Visual Studio GUI, instead of importing ESP-IDF sources to MSBuild.

We expect to release a preview build with this subsystem in the next 2-3 weeks.

hf
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for the information. I appreciate your offer to integrate the ESPs to the Visual Studio.

I hope to hear soon about some updates 😉

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem. Feel free to follow us on Twitter to stay updated.

RaEyE
    Participant

Hi,

are there any news on the integration / mapping of esp-idf projects?
    I really would like to test out the new esp-pico-d4 (if I find the time ^^), but knowing there might be VisualGDB support for esp-idf … well it gets me hyped 😉

Greetings,
    RaEyE

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, it is almost ready for a public preview. We are still figuring out the best way to automatically edit key variables in the component.mk files, but the rest of the functionality is working quite well. We will try to release a preview this week, although it may get pushed over to the next one if unexpected complications arise.

RaEyE
    Participant

Thanks for your fast reply.
    Those are truly great news! Dont worry about a ‘release’ shedule, it’s done, when it’s done.

RaEyE
    Participant

Hello,

will the preview release be available at https://visualgdb.com/download/ or is / will there be a separate ressource to retreive preview releases?

Best regards,
    RaEyE

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by RaEyE.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

OK, we have released v5.4 Preview 1 that supports the new advanced ESP-IDF project subsystem. You can download the build here. You can read the announcement with the main highlights of the new subsystem here: https://sysprogs.com/w/announcing-visualgdb-5-4-preview-1/.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by support. Reason: release info
    RaEyE
    Participant

Hi,

thank you very much!
    I will be sure to have a go at it during this weekend.

Best regards,
    RaEyE

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.