error running raspberry pi 3 target compiler

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB error running raspberry pi 3 target compiler

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    elinir2000
    Participant

The command: gcc -H -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon arm1.cpp

produces the executable but visualGDB produced the error:

1 [Clang IntelliSense] Error: NEON intrinsics require NEON instruction set on target c:\dev\cpp\learn\arm4\arm4\arm_neon.h 4026 1
    Error 2 error : #error NEON intrinsics require NEON instruction set on target C:\dev\cpp\learn\arm4\arm4\arm_neon.h 4026 2 arm4
    Error 3 error : Command-line action failed C:\dev\cpp\learn\arm4\arm4\VisualGDB arm4

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like the arm_neon.h file contains some checks that deem the current configuration (determined from checking built-in preprocessor macros via #ifdef’s) invalid. The best way to investigate it would be to look into the file that produces the error and see which exact #ifdef tests it performs.

elinir2000
    Participant

Thank you.

I have set these flags   -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -H     in CMake project settings in CFLAG and CXXFLAGS fields, but I got the same error as I do not believe that the compiler ‘sees’ these flags.

Is there a way to see what flags are applied when the compiler is trying to produce the .o file and the executable ?

Eli

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you can add “VERBOSE=1” to make (not CMake) command template and rebuild the project. This should get CMake to print the command lines it is using.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.