Error: Can’t connect to virtualbox target host

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Error: Can’t connect to virtualbox target host

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hi all,,

Help me, im a newbie for driver debugging

i was install visualddk in visual studio 2008 team system, and im using VirtualBox v3.0.8

but i can’t syncronyze visualddk with VirtualBox

my virtualBox konfiguration like this:
    * using host-only to communicate real computer to virtual box host

this is erro output in visualddk:

Help me please,, and show me the right configuration for visualddk & virtualbox

Anonymous
    Participant

Make sure that you can ping the VM from the host. I had to setup the host-to-VM networking stuff so that the VM could communicate with the host. Make sure firewalls are off or have the right ports open, in the VM the make sure the visuallDDK app is running as admin.

Hope this helps a little

support
    Keymaster

This problem is not related to network communication (pinging & etc).
    Did you install the VBoxDD.DLL file from VisualDDK according to installation instructions (http://virtualkd.sysprogs.org/#installation)?

Anonymous
    Participant

Tanks for suggestion bazis,,,

I’ve rename vboxdd.dll to vboxdd0.dll in virtual box directory and I’ve copied the vboxdd.dll from visualddk to virtualbox directory, but still problem…

support
    Keymaster

Ok, did you run the VMINSTALL.EXE on the VM? Did you select the “Windows [VirtualKD]” as the operating system to boot on the VM?

Anonymous
    Participant

I’ve installed on the target host vminstall.exe, and I was booting with the way the above…

but still problem…. 😥

support
    Keymaster

Please try debugging using WinDbg+VirtualKD (start VMMON.EXE or VMMON64.EXE, select your VM, select the correct OS instance, press “Run Debugger” from VMMON).
    If the WinDbg debugging fails as well, double-check your VM settings and VirtualKD installation.
    If WinDbg debugging works, but VisualDDK still fails, ensure that the correct VM name is specified and that you are not running WinDbg while connecting from VisualDDK.
    Anyway, feel free to post here after you try WinDbg.

Anonymous
    Participant

Bazis thanks to his guidance, your post is very helpful

I was able to debug the driver using visualddk

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.