Disable tests in tiny embedded framework

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Disable tests in tiny embedded framework

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dabramson
    Participant

Hi,

Some frameworks provide a way to “skip” tests in code, or via the command line. Is there any such feature in tinyembeddedtest? Is it possible to skip tests via the command line?

Thanks,

Dave

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The TinyEmbeddedTest framework is intended to be used with the barebone devices that don’t have a concept of command line (unless you are using semihosting anyway), so it doesn’t support any command-line switches. Instead you can use the Visual Studio GUI to select which of the tests to run.

If you are running tests via the VisualGDB.exe /runtests command line, we could add an option to run specific tests only there as well.

dabramson
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, I am looking to exclude tests when running from the command line (on a build server) with the /runtests option. I’d love it if you added that option!

Thanks,

Dave

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, please try this build: http://sysprogs.com/files/tmp/VisualGDB-5.4.3.2348.msi

We have added a new command-line option for filtering tests: /testregex:<regex>.

If the filtering is not working as you expected, please set the VISUALGDB_VERBOSE_OUTPUT environment variable to 1. This will force VisualGDB to show the full test names it matches against the regex.

dabramson
    Participant

You guys rock!

It works for me.

Will this build and build 2346 be rolled into the general product updates? I wouldn’t want to update the tool and then loose the functionality you guys but in those builds.

Thanks,

Dave

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, unless the pre-release testing reveals major unsolvable regressions caused by the new feature (highly unlikely in this case), all features added to daily builds will be included in the next upcoming release.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.