Clang Intellisense Play Nice With declspec

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Clang Intellisense Play Nice With declspec

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aronrubin
    Participant

Clang IntelliSense is acting as if __declspec(x)=x and putting dllimport where it does not belong. I have -fdeclspec -fms-extensions in both my cmake files and VisualGDB Project Properties. Here is the context:

#define Q_DECL_IMPORT __declspec(dllimport)   (qcompilerdetection.h:220)
    #define Q_CORE_EXPORT Q_DECL_IMPORT           (qglobal.h:360)
    class Q_CORE_EXPORT QObject                  (qobject.h:117)
     { ...

The result is:

[Clang IntelliSense] Error: ‘__declspec’ attributes are not enabled; use ‘-fdeclspec’ or ‘-fms-extensions’ to enable support for __declspec attributes
    [Clang IntelliSense] Error: redefinition of ‘dllimport’    C:\msys64\mingw64\include\QtCore\qobject.h 117

Please help as this interferes with all subsequent processing of the project.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by aronrubin. Reason: Format error
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by support. Reason: formatting
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try adding the following lines to your main header:

#ifdef SYSPROGS_CODESENSE
    #define __declspec(x)
    #endif

This should force the Clang IntelliSense to ignore the __declspec modifier altogether.

aronrubin
    Participant

Same result. It is unclear to me whether that define is being carried into parsing of qobject.h and below.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely you have defined the macro after the Qt header files were included. Either way, we have added the definition to ignore __declspec() to VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 6. Please feel free to update to this version – it will automatically skip __declspec() in your code.

aronrubin
    Participant

You rock. That did the trick!

(Now on to the next issue, revealed when this issue was fixed 😉 … I will post separately.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.