can’t mount cue files.

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu can’t mount cue files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I once ripped my CD and converted to wav files with cue sheet. But I can’t mount the cue sheet.
    Is there anything I did wrong?

Anonymous
    Participant

I can’t seem to mount CUE files, either. My CUE files are accompanied by raw BIN files created with IMGBurn, but my WinCDEmu rejects them. They seem to work fine with Daemon Tools and Alcohol 52%, but WinCDEmu just dosen’t like them.

Anonymous
    Participant

Same. Trying to mount audio CD that was created with ImgBurn, saved as cue+bin. Will not mount (neither the cue nor the bin). Also will not create “iso” image of the cd.

WinCDEmu

The CD inserted in F: is not a regular data CD. The ISO image will most likely be unreadable. Do you want to continue?

Yes No

I click “Yes”, then immediately comes:

Error

Reached the end of the file.

OK

I was hoping a CD emulator would be able to mount an audio CD.

Anonymous
    Participant

This thread is zombified, but I will answer anyway, just in case somebody is having this problem.

If you have bin/cue files, the bin file is the image and the cue file is merely an index. WinCDEmu has always successfully mounted bin files for me on Windows 7 x64 but has always rejected cue files. I’ve even been able to mount the bin file without the accompanying cue file.

OTOH, if you have wav files with cue sheets, you’re probably out of luck with mounting that as a single image with this program. You’ll probably be better off finding a media player that can read and split multi-track wavs (often, media players that support multi-track flac files will also support multi-track wav files). Actually, you might be better off just converting your multi-track wavs to multi-track flacs (same quality, but flac uses lossless compression so it takes less space than a wav). That way, your flacs wouldn’t need an external cue sheet because the index is built directly into the file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.