Call for feature requests

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu Call for feature requests

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

After uninstalling driver, I restarted the portable version.
    A “Driver Installation failed” message tells me: The specified service has been marked for deletion.
    Probably one has to reboot… but this is NOT the intension of a ‘portable installation’
    stating “You can uninstall the driver at any moment…”
    Any way to solve/fix this?

(by the way can a regular user (not an administrator) install the portable version?)

Anonymous
    Participant

@Guest wrote:

After uninstalling driver, I restarted the portable version.
    A “Driver Installation failed” message tells me: The specified service has been marked for deletion.
    Probably one has to reboot… but this is NOT the intension of a ‘portable installation’
    stating “You can uninstall the driver at any moment…”
    Any way to solve/fix this?

(by the way can a regular user (not an administrator) install the portable version?)

Write in cmd:
    driverquery

Now can install/uninstall again. The software need admin right.

Hope for a new portable version soon…

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, the driverquery works [this solution should be integrated in the next portable version].
    I hoped that the portable version would declare/integrate itself as an USB drive: and there is no need for administrator rights…
    If the new portable version would also have a command line functionality this would be a magnificent solution!

@x_M wrote:

Write in cmd:
    driverquery

Now can install/uninstall again. The software need admin right.

Hope for a new portable version soon…

Anonymous
    Participant

@Guest wrote:

Thanks for the reply, the driverquery works [this solution should be integrated in the next portable version].
    I hoped that the portable version would declare/integrate itself as an USB drive: and there is no need for administrator rights…
    If the new portable version would also have a command line functionality this would be a magnificent solution!

I don’t think we see soon a new portable version, Bazis not interested at the moment.
    Fro the command line, i have suggested a couple of pages ago.

sancher
    Participant

I’ve registered only to say: Thank you for your Great App!
    It’s one of my favourite apps.
    I use a portable version.
    I’m waiting for a PortableWinCDEmu-3.6.exe

Anonymous
    Participant

When the new portable version exit?????????????

We need this feature:
    A command-line to mount image
    Driverquery to uninstall
    DO NOT remove drive before removed the ISO

Thanks

Anonymous
    Participant

@Armata wrote:

We need this feature:
    Driverquery to uninstall

Thanks

I totally agree.

glenstewart
    Participant

I have a use case where the creator of an ISO file needs to make a few small changes to an 8GB ISO file comprised of many thousands of files. It would be SO nice to be able to edit the ISO collection itself, rather than recreate the ISO from scratch.

Likewise, I have a similar use case (less important) where users of the ISO need to adjust a few scripts in the ISO file – otherwise they need to extract it to HD and consume 8GB more disk space for their modified working copy. Again in this case, the ISO should be edited and re-saved for this one-time customization per user.

As the subject line says, these use cases are probably what the creator of the Macintosh DMG format had in mind – it has a mode where a DMG can be Read/Write. If this request can’t be honored using ISO format, and the DMG format is open, I’d like WinCDEmu to handle mounting and authoring DMG files, with the R/W option.

Final note: the image mounting as R/W needs to be command-line enabled too. Once the ISO/DMG is mounted, my use case needs batch scripts to be able to modify the files.

Thanks!

glenstewart
    Participant

Can WinCDEmu use mount points instead of requiring drive letters, as described here: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/datace … etters/383

I have a use case where drive letters are already in short supply due to use in a lot of shared folder needs, and I want to mount several ISO files into a folder hierarchy on an existing drive, much as the link above indicates.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Participant

@bazis wrote:

Hi, All.
    So, which features do YOU want to see in the next version of WinCDEmu?
    Planned so far:

1. Option to remember mounted drivers after restart
    2. Batchmnt should have a flag to use portable driver
    3. Unattended uninstall

Any other suggestions?

VEG
    Participant

Please add ability to limit maximum reading speed.

Anonymous
    Participant

I just realized my request for zip/7z/rar support was kind of stupid. πŸ˜€ I wanted to say thanks for this fantastic program, Bazis! I think the only way you could make this program better is if you update the portable version and synchronize it with the installable version, then maybe add support for ISZ and MDX (compressed MDS/MDF images)(not a big want, but the community may want it). I have started a project on SourceForge called Any2ISO, because I wanted to create a free, open-source alternative to AnyToISO, but if you would like, as I develop that program, you can integrate the disc image converter code into WinCDEmu. So when you right-click on an image that isn’t an ISO, it will have an option to convert it to an ISO. It’s up to you, though. My program will probably end up with it’s own GUI, but until I flesh out a prototype, I don’t know. Lemme know what you think. πŸ˜‰

dupko
    Participant

@Armata wrote:

We need this feature:
    Driverquery to uninstall

Thanks

INDEEED ❗

Anonymous
    Participant

Bluray support.
    It may have been added, I can’t check at this moment in time.

Anonymous
    Participant

@dupko wrote:

@Armata wrote:

We need this feature:
    Driverquery to uninstall

Thanks

INDEEED ❗

Totally agree!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.