beginners problems/mistakes

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB beginners problems/mistakes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

hello.

i have any Problems with a visualgdb-test 😐

my starting points:
    – a pc with ubuntu 12.04 lts and gcc/g++ and many Projects with a self made makefile + samba share
    – virtual machine with win7 + vs2012 + visualgdb 3.0 and a mount to the source-files (on the ubuntu machine)

i worked up the tutorial “Importing remote Linux projects to Visual Studio”

8.When you press “Next”, VisualGDB will test your toolchain for inconsistencies. If missing packages are detected, you will see a detailed error message.

and i have an error 🙁

what is the Problem? has anybody an idea?
    thank you!

ps.: only english support or german too?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This can be due to the default language of your Linux user account. Please try changing the language of the Linux account you are using with VisualGDB to English so that VisualGDB can understand the messages produced by GCC.
    Regarding the support language, we only offer it in English.

Anonymous
    Participant

thank you for your answer!

i have changed the language (i open a ssh-smartty window with the visual Studio):

root@pcubu:~# locale
    LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    LANGUAGE=en_us.UTF-8
    LC_CTYPE=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_NUMERIC=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_TIME=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_COLLATE=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_MONETARY=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_MESSAGES=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_PAPER=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_NAME=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_ADDRESS=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_TELEPHONE=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_MEASUREMENT=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_IDENTIFICATION=”en_US.UTF-8″
    LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

but the “toolchain chain failed”-window is the same as in the first posting.

i execute the command “gcc -v” in the smartty-window

root@ppcubu:~# gcc -v
    Using built-in specs.
    COLLECT_GCC=gcc
    COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.6/lto-wrapper
    Target: i686-linux-gnu
    Configured with: ../src/configure -v –with-pkgversion=’Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5′ –wit
    h-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs –enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,ob
    j-c++ –prefix=/usr –program-suffix=-4.6 –enable-shared –enable-linker-build-id –with-s
    ystem-zlib –libexecdir=/usr/lib –without-included-gettext –enable-threads=posix –with-g
    xx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.6 –libdir=/usr/lib –enable-nls –with-sysroot=/ –enabl
    e-clocale=gnu –enable-libstdcxx-debug –enable-libstdcxx-time=yes –enable-gnu-unique-obje
    ct –enable-plugin –enable-objc-gc –enable-targets=all –disable-werror –with-arch-32=i6
    86 –with-tune=generic –enable-checking=release –build=i686-linux-gnu –host=i686-linux-g
    nu –target=i686-linux-gnu
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5)

now it is in englisch?? 😕 is the visualgdb command an other command? 😕

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like you have changed the locale for one SSH window only. When VisualGDB opens anther SSH channel, the locale is still German. Please modify the global setting instead.
    Please refer to the documentation of your Linux distro for details on changing the default locale for a user.

Anonymous
    Participant

it is funny, i can open more than ten ssh-connections with the visualgdb ssh-manager and all connections are in english, but the visualgdb test is in german?
    please, can you tell which commands you execute?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB sets the GCC language to English by setting the LANG environment variable to en_US.UTF8. Looks like some settings on your computer override this and cause the messages to appear in German.
    Please try adding the following lines to your ~/.profile file:
    export LANG=en_US.UTF8
    export LANGUAGE=en_US:en

After modifying the file please restart your Linux machine and try running the wizard again.

Anonymous
    Participant

thank you
    i have changed the LANG and LANGUAGE settings -> but no effect
    after restart the ubuntu maschine the visualgdb plugin have no problems with the midnight commander example (“Importing remote Linux projects to Visual Studio” )
    i changed any things and rebuild the project, set breakpoints, etc. -> nice 😀

now i’m importing a selfmade project, but i can’t build the project (and i see no outputlines):

VisualGDB: Attempting inline build…
    make
    Build failed: unrecognized output from inline build pipe. Try disabling inline building in Tools->Options->VisualGDB or running VisualGDB with /noinline.
    C:Program FilesMSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0V110Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The Command””C:Program FilesSysprogsVisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe” /build “C:UserstestVSDocumentsvs2012projectstestprgtestprgtestprg.vcxproj” “/solution:C:UserstestVSDocumentsvs2012projectstestprgtestprg.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32” “/config:” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1.

the visualgdb project properties/remote build Settings/build command” have no Problem with the makefile -> “customize/run command now” exited with code 0 and i see all outputlines

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please try disabling the inline building. Click Tools->Options, select VisualGDB->General and set “Enable Inline Project Builder” to “False”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.