BazisLib install fails to update VCComponents.dat

Sysprogs forums Forums Other tools & products BazisLib install fails to update VCComponents.dat

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tomwg123
    Participant

Not sure if this really matters or not. Even with the error on the install window, I was able to see the BazisLib project wizard in VS2008. Trying to create a project though failed.

I thought maybe the file was in use by something I had open (like Microsoft Document Explorer maybe). I closed everything and reinstalled. Same error.

After googling, I found out that file isn’t actually created until certain Visual Studio options are modified. I added an entry in options for an additional VC++ include dir. That created the VCComponents.dat file.

Running BazisLib install a 3rd time completed with no errors.

The project wizard still fails for me though, but I haven’t yet tried compiling that wizard from source (as I saw mentioned in response to another post). Just wanted to mention the VCComponents.dat thing though so it can be considered better in the installer and not cause confusion.

tomwg123
    Participant

I built the DdkWiz project and registered the assembly. Still wont launch the wizard in VS2008. Tried both the release and debug versions.

Is it supported in VS2008 Standard edition? The VisualDDK wizard works, so I imagine so.

I don’t see any additional error info in VS about why it failed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.